Thank You Mother
Sunday Jul 14 04:00 PM
Wednesday Jul 17 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2019.
Directed by Ishka Folkwell. 2018. Australia. 42 min.
A cinematic journey of surfing, simplicity and appreciation, Thank You Mother explores the connection between surfer Torren Martyn and shaper Simon Jones with narration by legendary surf filmmaker Albert Falzon.
Shot on location in South Africa, Indonesia and Australia, director Ishka Folkwell's original and artful approach to filmmaking captures something of the essence of these places, bringing them to life on screen. Nick Bampton's original musical score was composed for the film, so as Torren Martyn glides with style and power, carving beautiful lines into clean walls, the music echoes the mood and rhythm of his movements perfectly.
Made in Ireland
Directed by Mikey Corker. 2018. Ireland. 28 min.
Irish filmmaker Mikey Corker turns the lens on his own country in a documentary that examines the extreme challenges—and glory—of surfing through an Irish winter.
Relentless - The Surf Project
Directed by PJ Accetturo. 2019. Ireland. 3 min.
Surfer Gabe Messam talks about his journey from California to Ireland and his work in a surfing non-profit.
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2019
- Thank You Mother
- Board Shorts
- Heavy Water
- Rising Tide with Zak Noyle
- Family Film Sunday: Johnny T…
- PAIGE + TROUBLE: The Lisa An…
- Coldwater Journal
- Time Well Spent
- Everything in Between + From…
- Transcending Waves | La Ola …
- The Endless Summer II–25th A…
- In Dancing Days of Dawn
- Beyond the Noise + EOS
- Gun Ho!
- Opening Night: The Shiny Shr…
- Just Friends (Gewoon Vrienden)
- APQFFA Spotlight Film: House…
- Women’s/Queer Shorts Showcase
- Fireflies (Luciernagas)
- Gay Chorus Deep South
- Wild (Sauvage)
- The Garden Left Behind
- Women’s Centerpiece Film: Vi…
- Men’s Centerpiece Film: Gian…
- Before You Know It
- Tell It to the Bees
- Deep in Vogue
- Closing Night: Papi Chulo
- APQFFA Shorts Showcase 2019
- Men’s Shorts Showcase
- An Almost Ordinary Summer (C…
- World Premiere/Festival Fina…