PAIGE + TROUBLE: The Lisa Andersen Story
Thursday Jul 25 07:30 PM
Saturday Jul 27 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2019.
This pairing of films takes a deeper look at two of surfing's most iconic women.
Directed by Bjarne Salén. 2018. Hawai’i. 20 min.
See the drive and passion that fuels Paige Alms’ stunning big wave rides.
TROUBLE: The Lisa Andersen Story
Directed by Chas Smith. 2018. USA. 54 min.
A four-time world champ and inductee into the Surfer Hall of Fame, Lisa Andersen is a true icon. She discovered surfing in her native Florida when she was 13, before running away to Huntington Beach to pursue her career. While her personal life was rife with abusive relationships, in the water, she was something else, quickly becoming a young champion before more obstacles presented themselves. Surf writer and director Chas Smith presents an intimate portrait of a self-made, American woman.
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2019
- Thank You Mother
- Board Shorts
- Heavy Water
- Rising Tide with Zak Noyle
- Family Film Sunday: Johnny T…
- PAIGE + TROUBLE: The Lisa An…
- Coldwater Journal
- Time Well Spent
- Everything in Between + From…
- Transcending Waves | La Ola …
- The Endless Summer II–25th A…
- In Dancing Days of Dawn
- Beyond the Noise + EOS
- Gun Ho!
- Opening Night: The Shiny Shr…
- Just Friends (Gewoon Vrienden)
- APQFFA Spotlight Film: House…
- Women’s/Queer Shorts Showcase
- Fireflies (Luciernagas)
- Gay Chorus Deep South
- Wild (Sauvage)
- The Garden Left Behind
- Women’s Centerpiece Film: Vi…
- Men’s Centerpiece Film: Gian…
- Before You Know It
- Tell It to the Bees
- Deep in Vogue
- Closing Night: Papi Chulo
- APQFFA Shorts Showcase 2019
- Men’s Shorts Showcase
- An Almost Ordinary Summer (C…
- World Premiere/Festival Fina…