Transcending Waves | La Ola Sin Fronteras
Wednesday Jul 31 07:30 PM
Saturday Aug 03 04:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2019.
Directed by Joaquín Azulay, Julian Azulay, and Fernando Salem. 2019. Argentina. 84 min. Spanish with English subtitles.
The Gauchos del mar explore the Falkland Islands in the shadow of the 1982 war, on a mission of unity and restoration through surfing and the ocean. This project aims to bring peace and start building a relationship between the inhabitants of the Falklands and Argentina—estranged for more than 35 years. They share waves with local surfers and make new friends while discovering the natural beauty of the islands.
Directed by Angel Marin and Patricio Mekis. 2019. Chile. 13 min. English and Spanish with English subtitles.
They were looking for the biggest waves in the world to surf on the remote and isolated island of Alejandro Selkirk. Exploring among giants, surfers Kohl Christensen, Ramón Navarro, Patricio Mekis and Léa Brassy find unexpected treasures.
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2019
- Thank You Mother
- Board Shorts
- Heavy Water
- Rising Tide with Zak Noyle
- Family Film Sunday: Johnny T…
- PAIGE + TROUBLE: The Lisa An…
- Coldwater Journal
- Time Well Spent
- Everything in Between + From…
- Transcending Waves | La Ola …
- The Endless Summer II–25th A…
- In Dancing Days of Dawn
- Beyond the Noise + EOS
- Gun Ho!
- Opening Night: The Shiny Shr…
- Just Friends (Gewoon Vrienden)
- APQFFA Spotlight Film: House…
- Women’s/Queer Shorts Showcase
- Fireflies (Luciernagas)
- Gay Chorus Deep South
- Wild (Sauvage)
- The Garden Left Behind
- Women’s Centerpiece Film: Vi…
- Men’s Centerpiece Film: Gian…
- Before You Know It
- Tell It to the Bees
- Deep in Vogue
- Closing Night: Papi Chulo
- APQFFA Shorts Showcase 2019
- Men’s Shorts Showcase
- An Almost Ordinary Summer (C…
- World Premiere/Festival Fina…