In Dancing Days of Dawn
Friday Aug 02 01:00 PM
Saturday Aug 03 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2019.
Special thanks to community partner Salvage Public.
Directed by Chris Miyashiro. 2019. Hawai’i. 73 min.
In Dancing Days Of Dawn is a wild journey to find purpose and meaning, told from the childlike perspective of an artist. This story is a poetic peak into the mind of Chris Miyashiro, the visionary behind the film. Chris—also known as “Mowgli”—was born and raised in Hawai'i. After growing up surfing, skating and doodling in his notebook, Mowgli decided to pursue something a little different from his peers.
Q+As with director Chris Miyashiro to follow each screening.
Directed by Zak Noyle. 2019. Hawai’i / Cuba. 5 min.
A glimpse into the Cuban surf community and a new era within the island nation.
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2019
- Thank You Mother
- Board Shorts
- Heavy Water
- Rising Tide with Zak Noyle
- Family Film Sunday: Johnny T…
- PAIGE + TROUBLE: The Lisa An…
- Coldwater Journal
- Time Well Spent
- Everything in Between + From…
- Transcending Waves | La Ola …
- The Endless Summer II–25th A…
- In Dancing Days of Dawn
- Beyond the Noise + EOS
- Gun Ho!
- Opening Night: The Shiny Shr…
- Just Friends (Gewoon Vrienden)
- APQFFA Spotlight Film: House…
- Women’s/Queer Shorts Showcase
- Fireflies (Luciernagas)
- Gay Chorus Deep South
- Wild (Sauvage)
- The Garden Left Behind
- Women’s Centerpiece Film: Vi…
- Men’s Centerpiece Film: Gian…
- Before You Know It
- Tell It to the Bees
- Deep in Vogue
- Closing Night: Papi Chulo
- APQFFA Shorts Showcase 2019
- Men’s Shorts Showcase
- An Almost Ordinary Summer (C…
- World Premiere/Festival Fina…